Thursday, September 8, 2011
Frescoes by Stefan Tenecki
Stefan Tenecki (Cyrillic: Стефан Тенецки ) is an icon painter Serbian or Aromanian the eighteenth century. A prolific artist, he worked in Vojvodina, Hungary and Romania.It is considered the first painter to have Romanian Serbo-acclimatised in those areas influenced by the Baroque Byzantine painting from the West.
Stefan Tenecki came to settle in Arad in 1746, where he lived at No. 3 in the Bishop Street (now 10, Rue Nicolae Balcescu). He died in Certege in the Judet Alba, near Campeni and has frescoed the Romanian Greek Catholic church of this village.
* The iconostasis of the Cathedral of Arad;
* 1765: the iconostasis of the cathedral Romanian Greek Catholic "Holy Trinity" of Blaj, the largest in Romania;
* 1752: the iconostasis of the church of St. Stefan Dečanski Vilovo;
* The iconostasis of the Church of the Ascension of Our Lord in Ruma ;
* Frescoes in the church of the monastery of Krušedol as the Circumcision of Christ.